Let’s start with how it is now fall. We all know pumpkin spice is in, so let’s start with a healthy dessert option – pumpkin pie. What makes this pie healthier you say? This pie consists of 5 ingredients for the filling and 6 ingredients for the crust. Overall, this is pretty good! If you look at the ingredients below, you will see there is nothing processed. Thanks to sarahfit.com, the recipe and video are now available here!
Healthy Pumpkin Pie Recipe (Makes 8 servings, Prep Time: 15 minutes, Total Time: 50 minutes)
- 1 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 2 Tablespoon Butter (I used Greek Yogurt Butter by Ilios)
- 1 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Quick Cooking Oats
- 4 Graham Cracker Sheets (100% whole wheat preferably)
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree (canned)
- 3/4 cup of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 cup Agave Nectar (can be substituted for Honey, Maple Syrup or Sugar).
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Combine all crust ingredients in a blender or food processor. Dump into a pie dish and press down firmly into the edges of the pan. Cook in the over for 10 minutes. Let cool completely. Combine all filling ingredients. Blend well until it is a smooth like consistency. Pour into crust. Cook on high at 425 for 5-7 minutes. Turn heat down to 350 for another 20-25 minutes or until filling set. Let cool before you cut and serve. Top with a little whip cream if you like. Makes 8 servings.